Thursday, October 20, 2011

Ybots live at the Stadium !

Another ongoing project I'm thoroughly passionate about, is
Y - Band of Robots, otherwise known as the "Ybots".

They have a rich and exciting backstory, (from a million years in our future, a time when humans have evolved into bio - mechanical beings)...but without getting into all of that right now, this post is about a video of them performing live that I'm  currently producing.
 I'm clinging to the hope that one day, I'll be able to bring this show to the stage for real, but for now, this is the only way to see my robot friends perform.


The video is in a local theater, and features performances of music from the "Colourworks" cd, opening with 'Channel X', into a new version of 'Skylab'.

Unfortunately, I'm still animating them as rigged puppets, at least until I can afford this Motion Capture system.  - 

UPDATE ! I recently discovered a way to use the Xbox Kinect camera to animate them, check out, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvRP7qXCBCA
hopefully I'll get this process to work !


UPDATE to the UPDATE ! - after tracking down the power adapter I needed for the Kinect camera, the ipi studio software isn't working,..argh


 another new improvement is the handheld camera work, check out this test sample..



Eventually, I plan on writing another post about the all the methods used to create this video, but for right now, I'm goin back to work on bringing this performance to life..

 
 
if interested, you can purchase the Ybots debut cd, 'Colourworks' here -
http://www.reverbnation.com/store/view_item_album/artist_960270?item_id=353932
or, you could like them on facebook !
https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Y-band-of-robots/139475199428684


No comments:

Post a Comment